August 25 and 26, 2017 | Crown Legacy, Baguio City, Philippines
GENERAL GUIDELINES: Participants are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations. The following instructions serve as guidelines for submission. An abstract will not be considered if it does not meet the guidelines below.
- Abstracts of students and professional nurses on any topic maybe submitted. Deadline of submission is extended until June 15, 2017.
- The materials in the abstract should be original work, with the focus of the abstract clearly stated. The focus should revolve around the theme of the conference which is “Translating theory to Evidence-Based Practice: Perspectives from an International Context”.
- Authors are responsible for the accuracy of the information in the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in ENGLISH language. Submitted abstracts shall be screened and considered for oral and/or poster presentation. All accepted abstract shall be included in the Research Bulletin.
- Abstracts are categorized into two: (1) Professional Research – papers done by graduate students and professionals, and (2) Student Research – refer to papers done by B.S. Nursing students.
Must be typed written, SINGLE SPACE in MS Word Format (compatibility mode) using Times New Roman, font size 12 pt. in 250-300 words only (excluding title, name of authors and institution, and key words)
TITLE: Must be in BOLD CAPITAL letters
AUTHOR/S NAME/S and INSTITUTION (flashed to the left under the title).
Student researchers’ names should be arranged alphabetically based on family name but FIRST NAME should be written first, followed by FAMILY name (Ex. Anna T. Dela Vega), followed by the year level of the student/s. The professional researcher/promoter shall be listed last (including degree). Write the institution’s name and address last.
KEYWORD: 3-4 words
CONTENT – Graphs, tables and illustration CANNOT be included in the abstract. Abstracts should be organized according to subheadings below:
- Rationale and Aim/s of the Study
- Methods (design, setting, participants, sampling, instrument, procedures (for experimental), data treatment/management)
- Conclusions and Recommendations
- Accomplish the abstract form below
- Submit an electronic copy of the abstract to this E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For authors submitting more than one abstract, each abstract must be submitted separately.
NOTIFICATION, ACCEPTANCE AND CONFIRMATION:
- Submitting authors will be notified of the receipt of their submission by email.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Contributors will be notified of the acceptance of their abstracts and feedbacks about the abstract as soon as possible but not later than April 19,2017. Should the abstract needs revisions/modifications, revised abstract should be submitted on or before April 30,2017.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to give the final decision for the mode of presentation for each abstract. For abstract chosen for either oral or poster presentation, guidelines will be issued upon notification of accepted abstracts.
- The committee reserves the right to make minor revisions, when applicable, to accepted abstracts for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Your submission signifies agreement to this.
- A confirmation of receipt of acceptance by the researchers must be made within 3 working days after receipt of the notice.
- Author/s of accepted abstract must be registered (and fees paid) for the congress on or before May 2, 2017. The registration to the conference may be paid directly at the University of the Cordilleras, College of Nursing office or Call or Text the registration committee Chairperson, Juliet Avena at mobile phone number +639485534880 or deposit it to the following account:
Account Name: Baguio Kafagway Nurses Association Inc.
(Philippine Nurses Association- Baguio City chapter)
Account Number: 0573367391
Branch: Bank of the Philippine Island (BPI), Session Road, Baguio City.
The deposit slip will serve as the proof of payment and will be changed to an official receipt upon registration during the conference.